Photos up at http://flickr.com/photos/stomer
Current mood: okay
Hard to believe I’ve been away for over a week. Here’s the run-down–
- Ran away from the office, packed in a scatter, and threw everything in the car.
- Stopped in Richmond, VA to meet an associate I met at a conference to meet his team who do similar work (only seem to get more done.) Had dinner with his family, shared code with the team.
- Arrived in Charlotte, NC just in time to hang out with Heather’s co-workers. Felt good to dance.
- Did a little too much work from NC, but that’s the price I paid for not getting it all done before I left
- Had a great Thanksgiving meal with friends. Smoked the turkey — came out perfect, as did everything.
- Spent the day after Thanksgiving turning board games into drinking games.
- Bought a ticket to the Bahamas — going in mid-December just because I can.
- Spent too much time in my favorite bead store
- Survived a trip to Barnes and Noble
- Went to my first NFL game
- Went to my favorite dive for dinner of fried pickles and a burger that had chili, cheese, and cole slaw — yes, on the burger
- Went back to the bead store for more
- Trying to figure out what to do with all the beads, silver, and my new silver hammer and steel mini anvil
- Leaving tomorrow to go to Norfolk, Va to see Heather, who left this morning on a business trip
- Taking my time Wed. to get to Atlantic City to see Jason and Angela.
- Returning home Sunday
Then it’s 2 weeks of work, then more time off. I could actually survive the year!
|Currently listening :
The Beatles (The White Album)
By The Beatles
Release date: 25 October, 1990
Something keeps creeping into my thoughts and did so strongly when I was out for a walk today: what in the world can I do for Mrs. Mucci on Thanksgiving Day — it’s the anniversary of the accident and she’s really upset about it. I’m just going to call her that day, but I just keep wracking my brain for anything else I can do. I know she puts fresh flowers in Garrett’s room regularly so I thought of having some sent, but I don’t want him fixated on the anniversary so I prefer to bring him flowers at happy times.
I think I’m just avoiding the fact that there’s nothing I can do but call her and let her yell and cry, but I already do that every week. Seems like I should do something more on that day.
Seriously, I’m in a good mood and my day is going very well — I’m just taking care of details for when I’ll be on vacation and that is one of those things.
|Currently reading :
By Elizabeth Kostova
Release date: 14 June, 2005
Wow, I really was having a bad week last week. Much better this week. Just swamped as I try to get things ready for my vacation departure. Can’t wait!
No — I won’t over do it. But I am bringing the kitchenaid just in case I need it.
Visit to University of Richmond to learn more from Eric Palmer and colleagues about Cascade
November 15-16, 2007. Richmond, VA