Dinner tonight–rice with refried beans and salsa–was great, so I wanted to get this down so I can try it again (and continue to tweak.) This salsa is for adding to food like refried beans or chili, rather than for chips.
- 1 cup bell pepper (various colors, minced)
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (more would be better, but I was saving the rest for salad)
- 1/4 tsp ground chipotle chili (fresh jalapeno would be better)
- 1 tbsp roasted garlic*
- 1/8 cup finely chopped cilantro, fresh
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Mix the pepper, onion, tomato, salt, chili, and garlic. Fold in cilantro, and toss with olive oil and vinegar.
* I regularly roast garlic and freeze it so I can just add it at the end of cooking.
Next time I’ll see if I can get lime too.