A slow cooker recipe
I adapted this recipe, Overnight, Slow Cooker, Cherry Almond Steel-Cut Oatmeal, with these changes:
- I used freeze-dried cherries instead of dried cherries
- I omitted the sugar, butter, and salt
- I replaced flax seed with chia seed
- I used boiling water instead of almond milk
- I cooked it 8 hours on warm instead of low
In order for cooking it on warm to be safe I needed to get the temperature up, thus used boiling water. It was a little mushy, but it was still like old fashioned oats rather than slop. Adding toasted almonds when serving (topped with almond milk) was great for improving the texture.
I’m also interested in trying other recipes on the same site.